Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Today is my 'Blog birthday' it's exactly one year since I started this blogging lark. Initially it started as a band blog for the, now defunct 'King Frankenstein' a band which lasted about six weeks before our newly recruited bass player disapeared without so much as a goodbye! I was then at a loss as to what I would use this place for, so I started putting up photo's I was taking, then I got addicted to taking photo's just so I could post em here.
It was a work colleague (Mr Johnny Jazz) who introduced me to the world of blogging, since then I have found some very nice people in the blogosphere (you know who you are!) and also, when I started my blog (post band era) I only intended to make it to the one year mark, but I now feel I can go on a bit further, I'm not ready to quit yet!
My favourite 5 posts I have made so far are, in no particular order;
1. Sunday February 12th 2006 - HeavyEngineering, helping to preserve Hulls heritage, It was sheer coincidence that I happened to be walking the dogs when I spotted a heavy duty crane lifting out the old tram bridge which crosses the marina, it's a good job I was carrying my camera.
2. Saturday March 25th 2006 - A Walk along the Humber, managed to capture a few nice shots of the North Sea Ferry's (Hull to Amsterdam) and it was a nice warm day if I recall.
3. Tuesday July 15th 2006 - Canteen, I poem I wrote in the canteen at work after recalling memories of incidents which had occurred in there over the last 8 years.
4. Wednesday August 23th 2006 - Girl Power, the night Mia had her puppies.
5. Sunday August 6th 2006 - Coast To Coast(Lyrics) I posted the lyrics to a song originally written by friend, but then re-written by myself, but it was the photo which had people guessing.
So lets see what I can come up with in my second year!
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
I took this photo earlier this year, our old dog Vince is just wondering out of shot. Built in 1927, the 'Spurn' served for almost 50 years as a navigational aid in the treacherous River Humber. It is now enjoying a leisurely mooring in Hull's marina.
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Due to that computer virus I picked up last week, I realised that when I wiped my hard drive to re-install windows, I had inadvertantly lost my website folders for the websites/homepage, I had built. I have created another freeweb site in it's replacement. Click Here to veiw it. It sort of links together all my little places on the internet.
I went to the gym on Friday & Saturday and as a result I am now aching and sore pretty much all over. In the two sessions, I burned around 1000 calories, not bad for approx 3 hours work. Now I need to rest my muscles for a few days (recovery time) and will go again on wednesday.