Monday, August 22, 2011

SkyRide and Sports Day





Feeling sore and achy today after yesterday's SkyRide and charity sports day event! I got up at 6:30am and headed down to East Coast Bicycles to help them set up a display for the passing cyclists as it would be great publicity for ECB. I had the pleasure of riding a few bikes from the shop to the event including the beautiful Electra Mullholland.
I then returned home to get my bike and together with Fruitfingers and my brother we rode into the city center and joined the mass of people (5500) to cycle the route around the city center and 'The Deep' and after a couple of laps we then had to head home and go out again for a charity sports day that Fruitfingers had organised to raise money for the 'Great North Run' she's doing in a few weeks.
The sports day was great fun and featured all the classics....egg and spoon, sack race, skipping etc. Of which I won the skipping of all things! I also got second in the egg and spoon and 3 legged race and got third in another event.
The day ended in exhaustion and sunburn but the Chinese we had from the takeaway made up for that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
I thought you would be great to talk about your blog that I've come across...

I was wondering if you would like the opportunity to promote your business at the Hull BizMums event at Kinderland on the 25th February- 10:30am-12pm. The theme is Marketing and we are looking for a 20-30 minute talk with a chance for the networking mums to ask questions, of course plugging what you do also.

Marketing can cover theses themes:
Social Media
PR
Networking
Advertising
Blogging
Branding
Ideal Customer
Email Marketing/List building
Awards/Sponsorship
I appreciate this is short notice and if you cannot make it then we do have future opportunities.

Bizmums is new to East Yorkshire but is already growing and has a wide presence in the North East. It is a child friendly networking social enterprise. You can find out more about Bizmums at www.bizmums.biz

If you can make it please do let me know as soon as possible, if you have a Facebook page/twitter page do let us know as we do like to promote your attendance via social media as well.

You can contact me via email or on my mobile: 07582 646638


Jennifer Jarratt
BizMums East Yorkshire Area Co-ordinator