Saturday, October 28, 2006

Stray cat strut

Todays random photo is another bit of graffiti, I think the simplicity of this one actually makes it an attractive image.

I have sore fingertips, the last few nights I have been playing my guitar again, I think I would like to start another band in the future, possibly with a hint of 'Stray Cats' type rockabilly, but my thoughts on this will probably have changed by tomorrow. The worst thing about starting a band is trying to think of a band name, a lot of bands settle for any old rubbish like 'The Killers 'or 'Jet' or 'Muse', singular words often with 'The' affixed to the front, but I prefer something a little bit more imaginitive like 'The 1910 Fruitgum Company' or 'Led Zeppelin' or 'Queens of the Stone Age' something a little bit more.......something with a bit more thought! Anyway I'm ranting on again about nothing of any real importance.

I had a little spark of thought when watching an episode of classic albums yesterday (it was the one on Nirvana's Nevermind) about how best to tackle my aproach to recording some songs with my limited equipment, to do with double tracking vocals to get a more fuller sound. I think how i'll do it is to record acoustic guitar and vocals, then add an electric or acoustic guitar melody to it, then double track my vocals to fill it out, that will take all four tracks of my 4-track tape recorder. I will then take this round to my mate Rob's house and record the whole thing into his computer after the levels have been set, then get him to record some piano over the top, hopefully it'll work out OK. I just need to get some songs together.

4 comments:

Louisiana said...

well, when you get those songs recorded will you give us a tincy wincy hear at them? plssss...

it will be a treat for us too..

i'm sure that when the time comes you will find a perfect name for your band..you have great imagination..

sorry that your finger tips are sore..hope they feel better...

now of to write songs mister, and remember to share them with us..

Kat Campbell said...

I love Stray Cats. I'm with chana, once you get all this work done, give us a listen!

Anonymous said...

Kev, nice shot.

I think you need to focus on one particular project, give it your all, as it where. You seem to be flitting from one project to another. I sense indecision.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Johnny, er no I don't...maybe he's right although every artist is different - isn't that half of the point? I think - therefor...