Monday, July 11, 2011

Oodles of Noodles



Yesterday I was feeling a little restless, I was in one of those moods to do something but didn't know what. After tinkering around on my guitar for an hour, I rang my old folks to see if they fancied a ride to the seaside, only to find they were busy and thinking to myself that I should go for a ride out on my Create "fixie" instead, until I finally remembered that my brother had mentioned a new noodle bar had opened up in the city center. So based on my brothers positive review of the place we set of for a relaxed walk into town.
On the way we noticed a bike show in full swing in the car park of the pub opposite our favorite shop 'East Coast Bicycles' and decided that if it was still going on when we returned from town, we would have a look and check out some of the Harley's, Trikes, street fighters, scooters and Super bikes that were on show.
The noodle bar was excellent! I ordered the large 'Pad Thai Box' and Fruitfingers got the large "Combi Box' and we also got the large sharing platter to start which included the usual things you would expect such as spring rolls, stuffed fried king prawns etc. The noodles came in those square boxes like they have in America, I always wanted to eat from those, ever since watching films like 'The Lost Boys' back in the 80's, I don't know why but it just looked a lot cooler then the take away cartons we tend to get in this country (although I don't doubt these have been about in places like London for ages, we lead sheltered lives up in Hull obviously). The boxes were also deceptively large and neither me or Fruity finished our meal.
Although the food tasted nice, at the end of the day it was just your standard Chinese food but cleverly marketed. Put in those cool little boxes and with the open kitchen so you can watch the chefs cook your food I was really impressed with the re-marketing of something that has been around for a long time!

Had my "One to One" performance review at work today, it actually went well which was a surprise to me, but other then that, today has been pretty uneventful.
I did just get back from doing a 10k run, my time was 0:53:40 which despite not running regularly, is way above my target of 45 minutes when I do the York 10k in a few weeks time, so my next running objective is to get it under 50 minutes when I go again on Thursday. We'll see!

No comments: