Friday, September 14, 2007

Band names please!



Last night we had our weekly band practice, did not get to bed while midnight (so I was tired whilst at work today) I took a couple of pics on my mobile and played around with them on Photoshop, one of a couple of guitars, shown here.
I suggested a couple of names for the band as we are yet to be named (the hardest part about starting a band) most of the suggestions were what someone else (a certain Mr Johnny Jazz) suggested. The names were: Dangerous Dog, The Dirty Monkey Racket, The Messy Furniture Company, Insane Badger, The Dirty Cow Gambit and Flamin' Nora. None of them seemed to go down well, I actually like them, they are imaginative.....on this note, if any of you have any suggestions you are welcome to put them forward!

The situation at work, with Pete (see previous post) got a little more heated today when another colleage 'Tony' (Harley Davidson rider with a bad haircut and a willingness to let people know how he feels when the mood strikes) made a comment in front of our manager about Pete leaving at 12:00 everyday last week, this did not go down well with Pete who then confronted Tony later on....they then set about having a little argument, later I witnessed Pete informing our manager about a number of misdemeanors that Tony had performed over recent months...nothing of any real importance, it was just Pete being petty really! There were no 'Yorkshire pudding' related incidents today either.
Technorati Profile

6 comments:

Ginco said...

Ok, I probably won't even get as far as the "consolation prize" but here goes!

The Hullberry Boys
or
The Hullberries.
Please don't all laugh at the same time, you're hurting my ears! :-)

Kev Brown said...

Ha ha, nice try! or maybe 'The Traveling Hullberry's' but I don't think "the others" would like any of them.

Bazza said...

I guess a band name depends on what level of success you are going for (or hoping for). If you want fame or fortune, it needs to be short and sweet, something like "Bazza is"

My World said...

Hello kevin, I guess I'll put my 2 cents in.. on the name thing. I did like the johnny jazz collection
and " Bazza is " that's good to.. So, here goes... The Unknowns or The Unknown Band... oh well,
I'm laughing too.....

Take care,
My World...

PS, don't forget, send me that 1st CD.. I'll have it played here on the radio....

Anonymous said...

i had a guy friend who wanted to name his band: "bag of wet mice"...i have no clue why he chose such a weird name! he never had a band so he was never able to use the name.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.