Monday, September 10, 2007

Trip to Liverpool



Went to Liverpool yesterday to watch some friends play a gig at the Cavern club where the Beatles once started out, and I took today off work in case I was feeling a bit crook!

Not a bad little road trip, where I journeyed on the bands hired mini bus. It was a decent gig although I was a little disapointed that for the second time, I didn't get to visit the Beatles museum. Also a little disapointed that my brother and a mate did not go due to illness and available seats on the bus.

I like the Cavern Club as a venue for live bands, it seems to have the right atmosphere! I also watched a few acoustic acts performing some Beatles numbers (as you would expect in Liverpool) and when my friends band 'The Strands' had finished playing we got away earlier then I was expecting for the 2 hour ride back to Hull and I was back in bed for around 1:30am, which was cool!

Today I popped along to the KC Stadium with my brother to pick up a ticket for myself and my dad, for the forthcoming game (Hull City[football{soccer}]) against Chelsea on the 26th of this month, then when I got back I had a blast playing Bioshock on my XBox 360.

Anyway I think I'll go and watch a movie.....maybe some classic Schwarzenegger like Commando!

2 comments:

Bazza said...

Nice shot of the interior of the Cavern Club. Looks more like a little bistro than rock venue!

Ginco said...

I know that little Tavern, unfortunately I've never been there, but I've seen it so many times on TV. Because I love the music from the Beatles so much, I'd give (almost) anything to visit that very little Tavern.
Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good Kevin, GET WELL SOON 'EY!! :-)